Inside Sales Representative
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages an assigned list of accounts with specified revenue
- Handles orders and accounts assigned from leads generation program.
- Generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders from established and new accounts.
- Understands and interprets product needs, providing product information, and developing accounts.
- Develops and nurtures accounts by analyzing customer’s buying history, suggesting related and new items, and explaining technical features.
- Takes initiative to pursue professional development.
- Updates job knowledge by utilizing all available resources including studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
- Manages and maintains accurate prospect and customer account activity and information in Salesforce.
- Forecasts weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- Works collaboratively with territory sales managers, business development and marketing teams and all other internal operations to support the sales team goals.
- Works collaboratively with technical team to assist customers in technical product understanding.
- Professionally represents Elatec at all times, working positively and effectively with internal resources and external customers.
- Participates in trade shows and customer visits with Regional Sales Managers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 6 months of demonstrated successful experience in a B2B sales role.
- Ability to understand and analyze customer requirements.
- Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluency in verbal and written English.
- Proficiency with a CRM system. SalesForce experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency using a PC, including a spreadsheet program (i.e. Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Motivated and self-directed, with the ability to appreciate and meet aggressive goals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility, with the demonstrated ability to easily adapt to changes within the work environment, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Professional demeanor with a high level of respect for others and accountability for one’s own actions.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Medical benefits that are effective on the 1st of the month following your date of hire.
- Medical coverage premiums for employees AND DEPENDENTS are subsidized by the Company at 80%.
- HSA company contribution provided to employees in qualifying medical plans.
- Dental, Vision, and EAP provided at NO COST to the employee for themselves and dependents.
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability provided at NO COST to the employee.
- Generous Paid Time Off and company holidays
- 401K with ADP Retirement Services with company matching funds
- Engaging and fun culture
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Through our competitive benefits, development opportunities, and an inclusive work environment, we aim to create a positive empowered culture that our employees’ value
ELATEC Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.