Field Application Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide pre-sales assistance to the Elatec sales team by suggesting product solutions, successful prototype demonstrations and support of customer sample testing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, engineering, and product management, to understand client requirements and translate them into effective RFID solutions.
- Create detailed technical specifications for custom and new products as necessary and present these specifications to product management and engineering for consideration.
- Implement applications and custom decoding scripts using C programing language.
- Assist customers in decoding RFID card data, configuring readers, and configuring print release using Elatec applications.
- Assist sales team and engineers with product integration projects and formulate the product specification per the customer's needs.
- Post-sales support to customer and partners including problem resolution, product configuration, installation, etc. in a timely manner.
- Escalate issues for resolution assistance to management as needed.
- Document all activity in support tracking tools in a timely manner.
- Continually improve knowledge of current and new technologies and customer/ partner solutions to support and promote Elatec products.
- Conduct customer and/or partner training sessions onsite, virtually, at partner locations, tradeshows, or other locations.
- Provide detailed technical requirements / VOC to Product Management and Engineering.
- Develop product training as needed.
- Support assigned marketing activities such as trade shows, seminars, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned by management.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from a four-year college or technical school and three (3) or more years of related experience and/or training.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a technical degree for a candidate who meets all other requirements.
- Solid understanding of Linux operating systems and command-line tools.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking protocols and network configuration.
- Expertise in network troubleshooting and configuration issues.
- Expertise in microcontrollers and system architecture e.g.: Arduino, STM32 Nucleo, etc.
- Working knowledge of electronic circuits, schematic analysis & state diagram generation.
- Expertise in various hardware communication interfaces such as USB, RS232, TTL, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software malfunctions.
- Energetic, highly motivated, and a self-starter.
- Collaborative and adept at building relationships but able to work independently as required.
- Organized, with the ability to multi-task and shift focus as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including asking questions and listening.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in C programming.
- Expertise in Bit manipulation, multiple data format conversion such as Hexadecimal, Octal, Binary etc.
- Demonstrated project experience in working with binary data.
- Experience using basic electronic troubleshooting equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes & logical analyzers.
- Understanding of HF/LF RFID readers, including various contactless technologies, mobile credentials, etc.
- Proficiency with tools such as Wireshark, PuTTY, etc.
- Benefits that are effective on the first of the month following start date
- Excellent medical benefits heavily subsidized by ELATEC
- Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance benefits provided at no cost to employees
- Dental and Vision benefits are available
- Generous PTO policy
- 401K with ADP Retirement Services with company matching funds
- Engaging and fun culture
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Through our competitive benefits, development opportunities, and an inclusive work environment, we aim to create a positive empowered culture that our employees’ value
ELATEC Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.