Field Application Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides presales assistance to the Elatec sales team by suggesting product solutions,
successful prototype demonstrations and support of customer sample testing.
- Create detailed technical specifications for custom and new products as necessary and
present these specifications to product management and engineering for consideration.
- Assist customers in decoding RFID card data and configuring readers using the Elatec
- Implement applications and custom decoding scripts using C, C++ & C# programing
- Conduct product testing to emulate customer identified failure before releasing to
engineering for corrective action.
- Assist sales team and design engineers with product integration projects and formulate
the product specification as per the customer's needs.
- Post-sales support to customer and partners including problem resolution, product
configuration, installation, etc. in a timely manner.
- Escalate issues as appropriate to support management and engineering for resolution
- Document all activity in SalesForce.com and support tracking tools in a timely manner.
Lead customer/ partner technical training sessions on-site and virtually.
Work to improve knowledge of customer/ partner solutions engineers and promote
Conduct customer training sessions at partner locations, tradeshows, or other locations.
Provide detailed technical requirements / VOC to Product Management and Engineering.
Responsible for self-development - maintaining knowledge on current and new
Training development for new products that corporate training has not developed yet.
Support assigned marketing activities such as trade shows, seminars, etc.
Represent Elatec in a professional, ethical, positive and socially responsible manner.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
from a four-year college or technical school
- Three (3) or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience
- Experience in C or C++ programming. Programming in C# is desirable but not required.
- Expertise in Microcontroller’s & their system architecture eg: Arduino, STM32 Nucleo
- Working knowledge of electronic circuits, schematic analysis & state diagram
- Expertise in various hardware communication interfaces such as USB, RS232, TTL,
SPI, I2C etc
- Expertise in Bit manipulation, multiple data format conversion such as Hexadecimal,
Octal, Binary etc. Demonstrated project experience in working with binary data.
- Experience using basic electronic troubleshooting equipment such as multi-meters,
oscilloscopes & logical analyzers
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software malfunctions
- Expertise in network troubleshooting and configuration issues. Proficiency with tools
such as Wireshark, PuTTY etc is a plus
- Understanding of HF/LF RFID readers, including various contactless technologies,
mobile credentials, etc. is a plus.
Energetic, aggressive, focused and a highly motivated self-starter
- Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with strong organizational skills
Team player mentality but able to work independently as required
Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning and communication skills (written and oral)
Ability to travel up to 50%
- Medical benefits that are effective immediately after successful completion of first 30 days
- Dental and Vision benefits are available
- We are offering paid vacation and company holidays
- Our employees benefit from an additional accidence insurance
- 401K with ADP Retirement Services: with company matching funds
- Engaging and fun culture
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Through our competitive benefits, development opportunities, and an inclusive work environment, we aim to create a positive empowered culture that our employees’ value
- Interviews in times of Covid-19: We want you to feel save and secure when we get to know you. Therefore you have the choice between digital or on site. On-site interviews take place in a large, well-ventilated room with sufficient distance. Disposable masks and disinfectant are also available. If you prefer a little more distance, you can also get to know us digitally during a video conference
ELATEC Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.